Highlighting Our Senior Care Services
At Placita In Home Care, we recognize that all seniors have different needs, lifestyles, and levels of ability. That’s why we don’t take a ‘one size fits all’ approach to our elder care services in Tucson, AZ. We meet with each family and work with them closely to identify their needs, goals, concerns, and vision for their family.
We can then recommend an appropriate level of in-home care services. Our in-home care services for seniors allows them to stay in the comfort of their own home, while getting varying levels of professional assistance from our friendly, knowledgeable staff.
We offer assistance with bathing, dressing, meal preparation, personal hygiene, light housework, medication management, transportation to medical appointments, and grocery shopping. Call us today or contact us online to schedule a consultation for in-home care services.
Recognizing the Need for In Home Care
Our team understands how difficult it is to acknowledge that a loved one needs senior care services. However, recognizing early warning signs can protect your loved one’s health and safety.
We offer different levels of care based on each individual’s needs, and there is no requirement to engage in each service we offer. We’re happy to provide limited services at first, and then scale them up or down as needed.
Please call us if you notice any of these signs that your loved one needs in-home care services:
- Sudden mood swings
- Personality changes
- Withdrawal from activities they previously enjoyed
- Hiding food or belongings
- Imagining things
- Strange sexual behaviors
- Hitting or injuring themselves or others
- Misunderstanding people’s meaning or intent
- Changes in sleeping or eating patterns
- Forgets to take medications
- Missed appointments
- A house that is messier than usual
- Clutter or hoarding
- Expired or rotten food
- Lack of care for pets
- Stacks of unpaid bills
- Dirty laundry piling up
- Foul odors
- Broken appliances or furniture
- General disrepair
- A loss of general reasoning skills
- Confusion and disorientation
- Trouble keeping track of time, appointments, or medication
- Excessive forgetfulness
- Memory loss
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Trouble eating or drinking
- Trouble standing, sitting, walking, or moving around
- General discomfort in the environment
- Unexplained bruises or injuries
- Poor personal hygiene
Exploring Different Types of Senior Care
We offer different levels and types of senior care services, including in-home care, memory care and dementia care, Alzheimer’s care, in-home hospice care, and assisted living placement. Here’s a quick look at the different types of in-home senior care services available to you and your family:
- Household Tasks – Laundry, dishes, errands, and light housekeeping.
- Personal Care – Bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene tasks.
- Meals – Meal preparation and grocery shopping.
- Money Management – Assistance paying bills, filling out forms, and keeping track of finances.
- Medication Management – Reminders to take medication.
- Transportation – Transportation to and from medical appointments.
- Referrals – Referrals to other trusted providers for services we don’t offer.
While we don’t offer medical care, we do offer respite care and temporary rehabilitative care services.
Learn More About Our Approach to In Home Care Services
We are passionate about providing a different level of in-home care services to seniors in our community. We don’t believe that aging has to be an isolating experience. We want to help seniors in our community live their healthiest, happiest lives by bridging the gap between family caregivers and assisted living facilities.
We have partnered with other organizations in the community that offer low or no-cost senior activities, including art classes, socialization, continuing education, and special interest clubs. Our caregivers assist their clients in participating in these activities.
Each member of our staff has a valid driver’s license and has undergone a comprehensive DMV record check. We are licensed and insured. Our goal is to get seniors out of the house and help them make new friends, stay social, and remain engaged in activities they love.
Review the Benefits of Senior Care at Home
Investing in in-home care services or elder care services gives your loved one the freedom to engage in activities and socialization while staying in the comfort of their own home, rather than an assisted living facility. Here’s a look at the benefits of senior care at home:
- Age in place, in comfort
- Receive personalized, individualized care
- Stay safe and healthy
- Reduce the risk of injuries, falls, and accidents
- Receive assistance with activities and housekeeping
- Retain independence
- Enjoy companionship and specialization
- Get reminders for medication and meals
- Keep family involved
- Maintain the care of pets in the household
- Improve cognitive skills and mental health
- Avoid isolation and depression
Seniors & Falls – Managing the Risk at Home
As your loved one ages, they are more and more at risk of a fall inside or outside the home. Even a minor fall can have devastating consequences on your loved one’s physical, emotional, and mental health.
Injuries sustained in a fall are very hard to heal from once you reach a certain age. In-home care services can protect your loved one’s health and safety and reduce the risk of accidents, injuries, and falls. We also offer free home safety evaluations.
This evaluation can identify risky areas of your home and help you find simple, effective, and affordable solutions that will make your home safer for seniors. We walk through the inside and outside of the home, looking for common trip hazards and safety issues. We can then recommend a list of measures you can take to make your home a safer, healthier place for a senior.
Consider Our Other Services
In addition to senior care services, we offer other types of in-home care services to members of our community:
- In-home care services
- Home safety evaluations
- Alzheimer’s care
- Memory care and dementia care
- Joint replacement care
- In-home hospice care
- Assisted living placement services
Making the Transition to Assisted Living
In time, you may determine that your loved one needs care beyond our in-home care services. We can help your loved one make the transition into assisted living. We offer assisted living placement services, including Alzheimer’s care and memory care facilities.
We do the research necessary to find a compassionate, secure, and comfortable assisted living facility that will meet your loved one’s needs. We offer this as a free service to families in our service area. We work closely with each family to find the right assisted living placement for them.
Our Service Area
We offer elder care to families in these areas:
- Cochise County: Douglas, Huachuca City
- Maricopa County: Scottsdale, Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills, Anthem, and surrounding areas.
- Pima County: Tucson, Oro Valley, Green Valley, Sahuarita, Marana, Saddlebrook, and surrounding areas.
- Pinal County: Casa Grande, Florence, Apache Junction, Coolidge, Eloy, Mammoth, San Manuel, Red Rock, and surrounding areas.
Call Us Today to Discuss In-Home Care in Tucson, AZ
If you’re interested in finding out if it’s the right time to consider in-home senior care in Tucson, AZ, contact us today. We can schedule an initial consultation, where we discuss and evaluate your needs, goals, concerns, and vision.
We can answer any questions you have, and help you determine if elder care services or in-home care services are right for you and your family. Call us today or fill out our contact form online to learn more.